[vtkusers] Fwd: vtk - How to render data from vtkPixelBufferObject

Sharmila Subbiah sharmila.subbiah at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:30:48 EST 2010

Hi,

I am using vtkPixelBufferObject (version 5.4) to upload data to GPU for
processing. After the data is processed (using CUDA), I would like to know
how I can display the data directly from GPU. My code looks like this:

vtkRenderWindow *renderWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();

vtkPixelBufferObject *pbo = vtkPixelBufferObject::New();
pbo->SetContext(renderWin);

//Uploading data to pbo
unsigned char *imageData = NULL;
.... // Filling image Data
pbo->Upload1D(VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR, imageData, 1, 1 );

GLuint pboHandle = pbo->GetHandle();

// Registering this pbo with CUDA and mapping the buffer for processing

After processing, I want to render the image directly from the pbo. Any
idea, how would I do this?

Or, can I do this using vtkFrameBufferObejct?

Thanks,
Sharmila