[vtkusers] Can't move vtkAxesActor with vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Jan 12 07:57:02 EST 2010

David,

I havent tried this, but you can get all the actors that comprise
the vtkAxesActor in a vtkPropCollection and then maybe(?) transform
them one by one or as a whole.  You can also set a UserTransform
through the vtkProp3D API.

Dean

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Karthik Krishnan
<karthik.krishnan at kitware.com> wrote:
> The right way to modify the axes actor is to modify the camera. That's
> its purpose (to follow the camera).
> The trackball actor interactor style doesn't rotate the camera. It
> simply changes the transform associated with individual actors as you
> interact with them.

Karthik,

Yes, that's what I was trying to do - change the transform of the axes
actor as I interact with it. I was trying to use it to represent
"positioning and aiming" a "camera" in my scene.

Is there a better tool to do this? Or is there a way to "unlock" the
axes actor so it will move with the trackballActor interactor?

Thanks,

David