[vtkusers] Call for Examples!

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 09:39:04 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Lars Friedrich Lars
<lars-friedrich at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> regarding the depth sorting thing:
>
> as far as I can remember the original question in the missing/broken links section was something like ' vktDepthSortPolyData - when to use?'.
>
> therefore, I decided to add a further page on that question:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/CorrectlyRenderingTranslucentGeometry
>
> I think the answer to 'when to use?' is: use poly data depth sorting when depth peeling on the GPU is not available.
>
> regards,
> lars
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:34:51 -0600
>> Von: David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com>
>> CC: vtkusers at vtk.org
>> Betreff: Re: [vtkusers] Call for Examples!
>
>> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Bryn Lloyd <blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi David
>> >
>> > I fixed following examples:
>> >
>> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Thresholding_Cells#Threshold.cxx
>> >
>> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK_Examples_Interpolation#Interpolation.cxx
>> >

>> > Cheers
>> > Bryn

>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Broken.2FMissing_Examples_.28Please_write.2Ffix_me.21.29

>> > --
>> > -------------------------------------------------
>> > Bryn Lloyd
>>
>> Excellent, thanks Bryn! I moved them out of the "broken" section.
>>
>> Any other takers?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Thanks, Lars, for an excellent contribution! We are sorting out
whether things this detailed should go in the "Tutorials" section
(http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials) rather than examples. A
reasonable rule of thumb is seeming to me that if there is large
paragraphs of explanation as in this one it is a "tutorial", if there
is a small 2 line explanation of what the code does, it is an example.

Anyone agree/disagree with that?

David