[vtkusers] Memory Management in VTK/MFC

Luis Alberto Pereira l.a.pereira at uol.com.br
Wed Jan 6 20:22:43 EST 2010

Hi all,

I´m have a MFC application where I have multiple views.

To implement every  view I used the VTK samples. In every view I have  VTK
objects created in view constructor method and others crated in pipeline
method (for this last I call Delete method in pipeline for all it), Objects
that I instantiate in constructor method, this mean I instantiate just one
time when along view time life.

My problem is that the memory usage for the application instance grow every
time any redraw view occur. The application start with a 250MB in memory and
after some time working the memory usage for the application grow to 1GB and
so  on.

Can anyone give some orientation how can I manager memory application for
the VTK in MFC standart.

Thanks,

Luis Alberto