[vtkusers] giving renderwindow a name

michiel mentink michael.mentink at st-hughs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 5 11:25:33 EST 2010

I'm trying to give a renderwindow a title.

I'm using the following code to create a window. So far so good.

  // create a renderer
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer> renderer =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderer>::New();
  renderer->AddActor(actor);

  // create a render window
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow> renwin =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow>::New();
  renwin->AddRenderer(renderer);

  // create an interactor
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor> iren =
    vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor>::New();
  iren->SetRenderWindow(renwin);
    renwin->SetSize(640, 480);

  iren->Initialize();
  iren->Start();

///////////end code////////

Before iren->initialize, I tried the following:

      iren->SetWindowInfo( "window1" );
     renwin->SetWindowInfo( "window1");

and also ->SetWindowId("window1");
and ->SetWindowName("window1");

but it keeps giving me error messages upon compiling:

‘class vtkRenderWindowInteractor’ has no member named ‘SetWindowInfo’
or
error: ‘renWin’ was not declared in this scope

It's probably a simple mistake, but I'm still beginning to understand VTK.

Kind regards, Michael