[vtkusers] VTK (5.4.2) + Xcode(3.2.1) on Mac (SnowLeopard 10.6)

Stanley11 yal209 at lehigh.edu
Fri Feb 26 21:57:06 EST 2010

Hi,

I try to use VTK (5.4.2) + Xcode(3.2.1) on Mac (SnowLeopard 10.6) but fail
in compiling the project SimpleCocaVTK downloaded from
https://www.rogue-research.com/vtk/SimpleCocoaVTK.html. I follow the
instruction from wiki: install cmake, modify CMakeCache.txt (i.e.
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:PATH=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/ ) and build again.
Everything seems ok. Then I start building a project: SimpleCocaVTK and do
it absolutely following the steps in wiki but stop at an error:

Ld
SimpleCocoaVTK.build/Debug/SimpleCocoaVTK.build/Objects-normal/ppc/SimpleCocoaVTK
normal ppc
cd /Users/yaliu/Desktop/Code/VTK/SimpleCocoaVTK
setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.4
/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch ppc -isysroot
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk
-L/Users/yaliu/Desktop/Code/VTK/SimpleCocoaVTK/Debug -L/lib
-F/Users/yaliu/Desktop/Code/VTK/SimpleCocoaVTK/Debug -filelist
/Users/yaliu/Desktop/Code/VTK/SimpleCocoaVTK/SimpleCocoaVTK.build/Debug/SimpleCocoaVTK.build/Objects-normal/ppc/SimpleCocoaVTK.LinkFileList
-mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -lz -framework Cocoa -framework OpenGL -lvtkIO
-lvtkFiltering -lvtkHybrid -lvtkRendering -lvtkpng -lvtkImaging -lvtkCommon
-lvtkjpeg -lvtkexpat -lvtkGraphics -lvtkGenericFiltering -lvtktiff -lvtkftgl
-lvtksys -o
/Users/yaliu/Desktop/Code/VTK/SimpleCocoaVTK/SimpleCocoaVTK.build/Debug/SimpleCocoaVTK.build/Objects-normal/ppc/SimpleCocoaVTK

ld: library not found for -lvtkIO
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Command /Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1

The fact is that lvtkIO.a file is in the library. I search the database but
don't get any helpful thing.
I spend several days on it but results always piss me off.

Does anyone have clue about this error?
I am concerned about  any success in running VTK+ Xcode on nowLeopard 10.6?
Your opinion will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Stanley.