[vtkusers] QT & vtk wiki example...

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:56:01 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Giancarlo Amati <ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
> wrote:

>  hello users,
>
> I am starting again in understanding how to marry VTK with QT...and I
> started with the example I've found here....
>
> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Qt/RenderWindow
>
> but I think that there is an error in the source. If I run the code, I
> first get the VTK window and then as soon as I destroy it I get the QT.
> But getting rid of vtkRendereWindowInteractor and adding
>
> widget.SetRenderWindow(renderWindow).
>
> I get the QT window with the VTK visualization inside...
> and I hope they will be live happily ever after! :)
>
> Giancarlo

You are correct. I have updated the page. Keep in mind that these pages are
public, so in the future you are free to update them if you find errors like
this :)

I have also added this page which I believe is more practical:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Qt/RenderWindowUi

It shows how to use a .ui file created in QtDesigner4.

Thanks,

David