[vtkusers] retrieving the dataset from actor

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Thu Feb 25 12:53:54 EST 2010

Superb!!! :)
Thanks!

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:04:58 -0500
From: daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
CC: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] retrieving the dataset from actor

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Giancarlo Amati <ilferraresebono at hotmail.it> wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm developing my software and I'm a kinda of OK to keep a vector of actors for managing the properties of visibility, color and renderings.
But In case I need to apply a filter to a visualized dataset and I have just the list of actors, is there any way to:

1) determine the type of dataset which that actor is visualising,
2) retrieving that dataset.

Many Thanks.
Giancarlo

try:

actor->GetMapper()->GetInput()
This will give you the data set. You can then find the type with

result->GetClassName()Thanks,

David