[vtkusers] SetTriangleQualityMeasureToCondition ()..??

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 09:24:41 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Rakesh Patil <rakeshthp at in.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In vtkMeshQuality, there are several measures that can be used to check the
> quality of a mesh. One of them is
>
> SetTriangleQualityMeasureToCondition<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkMeshQuality.html#a91830cc49cf8bd2261cc6e8a2a823101>()
>
> What does this do..?? i mean what condition does it check and how to use
> it..??
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> Rakesh Patil

Rakesh,

I saw that it is calling v_tri_condition in
Utilities/verdict/V_TriMetric.cpp. The documentation for that function says:

"Condition number of the jacobian matrix at any corner".

By looking around here, I really believe this class needs a serious
overhaul, or at least documentation overhaul. It is incredibly cryptic. At
the very least, a one or two line description of all of the 29 options
should be added.

Thanks,

David