[vtkusers] Moving a node using mouse

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Wed Feb 24 23:02:57 EST 2010

 Hi..Cant we simply replace the point value by the mouse pointer position, using the ID which we get ..?? Once we replace the values, old position is gone and new mouse pointer position will be available.. Then refresh the render window.. Does is sound correct..?? Thanks Original message From:David Doria< daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com >Date: 24 Feb 10 19:00:05Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Moving a node using mouseTo: rakeshthp at in.comOn Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote:Well,If you observe the way rubberbandInteractorstyle works during zooming, I guess it redraws the new rectangle by replacing old one.. Am i right.??This happens in mouse drag event.. (mouse move event)..So similarly, can i move the selected node or vertex in the mouse move event..?? Any how when I pick a node or vertex, i get the ID of that particular node..?? So cant i change the value of this point (node or vertex) everytime on mouse move event..?? Please correct me if am going wrong somewhere..ThanksYou c
 an get the ID of a particular point using some of this:http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/HighlightSelectedPoints You can then create a new point/vertex/mapper/actor to "move" the point, but you will have to figure out a good way to update the old set of points so that the point in the old position is deleted. Thanks,DavidGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!