[vtkusers] Loading images from memory *not files*

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 13:28:23 EST 2010

> Hi Robert,
>

> There is a class called vtkImageImport class for reading uncompressed
> images into VTK, and it would be nice if someone could write a
> vtkPNGImport and vtkJPEGImport for handling compressed data.

David, is there a worked example of this? We tried to figure this out yesterday but ended up with black rectangles on the screen.  I.e. What color order does vtkImageImport support? Is it RGBA or ARGB or ffRGB or what? How do I set the data type to unsigned int which is what comes out of the QImage we are trying to use as a source?

Then when trying to render the image the vtkImageActor complains it only supports unsigned char but the vtkImageScaleShift does nothing... An example would really help I guess...

Roland