[vtkusers] Setting Single Value Attributes into Data sets

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Feb 24 11:01:24 EST 2010

I know there is a way but my email searching skills are sub-par this
morning.

  I would like to store some "meta-data" into a data set. Say, for
example I have a vtkPolyData object that represents a surface mesh and
that surface mesh has an a few items like "Grain ID" and "Euler
Angle". The Grain ID is a single 32 bit integer. The Euler angle is a
3 float vector. I could easily create a Scalar Attribute for each Cell
but that seems VERY redundant and a memory waste.

   I thought there were some methods to store these "simple" values
into a vtk Data set? I have been perusing the vtk 5.4 documentation
going up and down the inheritance tree for vtkPolyData and nothing is
really sticking out at me.

Help is much appreciated.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio