[vtkusers] Moving a node using mouse

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 08:30:05 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Rakesh Patil <rakeshthp at in.com> wrote:

> Well,
>
> If you observe the way rubberbandInteractorstyle works during zooming, I
> guess it redraws the new rectangle by replacing old one.. Am i right.??
> This happens in mouse drag event.. (mouse move event)..
>
> So similarly, can i move the selected node or vertex in the mouse move
> event..?? Any how when I pick a node or vertex, i get the ID of that
> particular node..?? So cant i change the value of this point (node or
> vertex) everytime on mouse move event..??
>
> Please correct me if am going wrong somewhere..
>
> Thanks

You can get the ID of a particular point using some of this:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/HighlightSelectedPoints

You can then create a new point/vertex/mapper/actor to "move" the point, but
you will have to figure out a good way to update the old set of points so
that the point in the old position is deleted.

Thanks,

David