[vtkusers] how to use vtkMeshQuality..??

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Tue Feb 23 23:53:18 EST 2010

 Hi..I have gone through that example. And it is quite easy to follow. Anyways, this is what i want to achieve:I have a Finite Elemental Mesh generated by one of the solver. Now, i want to check the quality of mesh, cell wise. And if a particular cell doesn't satisfy the quality condition, then i have to indicate that cell as unqualified cell. For example, suppose i impose a condition on min angle as 20. i.e. all the cells in the mesh must have angles greater than or equal to 20. If it is less than 20, then that particular cell must be displayed with say red color or any other color. In vtkMeshQuality, I didnt find any function or method where i can set this min angle value. I think, it has a default in built value set for min angle. I also found out that vtkMeshQuality makes use of VERDICT api.. But got no clue how to put the condition on the minimum angle..Any idea how to get through this problem..??ThanksRegards Original message From:David Doria< daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com >
 Date: 23 Feb 10 19:18:28Subject:Re: [vtkusers] how to use vtkMeshQuality..??To: rakeshthp at in.comOn Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote: Hello,Can anyone explain me what exactly the vtkMeshQuality does.??According to me, it checks the quality of each and every cells.. Right.?? but the output what am getting is very strange.If the number of cells in the grid is say 'n'. then the values, what i get is first n/2 only, for rest n/2 cells, i get 0 values.What is the actual output of vtkMeshQuality??Thanks RegardsRakesh PatilHave you looked at this: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/MeshQuality Let us know if it doesn't clear some things up.Thanks,DavidGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!