[vtkusers] [Insight-users] help about VTK+TCL

Ocean Spring meancity at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 04:21:51 EST 2010

hello Hatice

the major problem of this error acutally is the location of the pkgIndex.tcl
which is located in (in your case) it should be in the path of your building
directory /Wrapping/Tcl/Release

if you did not build the INSTALL then just include
"Your.VTK.Building.Directory/Wrapping/Tcl/Release" to TCLLIBPATH

if you did build INSTALL of VTK, then you may slightly edit the pkgIndex.tcl

near line 42
 ::vtk::init::load_library_package {vtk${kit}TCL} {C:/Program Files/VTK/bin}

near line 46
    if {\[catch {source \[file join {C:/Program Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4/tcl}

near line 55
   if {\[catch {source \[file join {C:/Program
Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4/tcl}.....

to sum up:

1). the environment variable TCLLIBPATH need to be pointed to the correct
path where the pkgIndex.tcl is located.
2). in the pkgIndex.tcl, it should include proper path of vtk.

when you build vtk with tcl wrapping, please make the CMAKE option
"BUILD_SHARED_LIBS" ON.

thank you

regards
O.S