[vtkusers] Breaking GC loops

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Feb 19 16:27:03 EST 2010

And just to add to the fine examples that Ken wrote Parent-Child
relationships where each holds a reference to another is another prime
example of where SmartPointer/WeakPointer can come into play.

   Say you have some hierarchical data structure. If they both the
parent and child need to hold references to each other then one of
those references really needs to be a weak reference otherwise
destroying objects can be troublesome. Just adding to the examples.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio