[vtkusers] distinguish between real CT scans(beam ON) and non-real CT scans(beam OFF)

Ashish Singh asinghmlists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:30:55 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to recursively read all dicom images from a CT study with
several series. How do I figure out which images are real/primary
scans(where the x-ray beam was ON) and which ones are not( such as recons,
etc.)? I have been looking at the Image Type Tag(0008,0008) and series
description tag (0008,103E), but is there a more systematic and foolproof
way of figuring this out?

This may not exactly be a VTK/GDCM question, but since there are many dicom
experts in the community, if anyone can guide me, I would really appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Ashish