[vtkusers] Compiling VTK in Windows

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 20:53:32 EST 2010

I am trying to compile VTK in Windows XP. I have Visual Studio 2008
installed. When I select that as my build type using cmake and try to
configure, I get:

CMake Error at D:/Program Files/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:50 (MESSAGE):
  The C compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

   Change Dir: C:/bin/VTK/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

  Run Build Command:D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.com
  CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.sln /build Debug /project cmTryCompileExec

Anyone know what this means? Is this more of a question for the cmake folks?

Thanks,

David