[vtkusers] Display structured Grids

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:41:27 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Sebastian Gatzka
<sebastian.gatzka at stud.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Hello World.
>
> I have made a rather basic vtkStructuredGrid from some vtkPoints.
> I even found a way of rendering it through the
> vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter or the vtkStructuredGridOutlineFilter.
>
> But instead of wanting to view the points or the outline I want to see the
> actual cells of the grid.
> Can you tell me how this is possible?
>
> By the way: Does the grid actually contain cells? I'm asking because
> vtkPoints are the only input to the grid.
>
> Have a nice day.
> Sebastian

The cells are indeed created, and I believe they are as you expect.

You can "see" them in the data:
cout << "There are " << structuredGrid->GetNumberOfCells() << " cells." << endl;

But I'm not sure if there is a filter that will actually produce them.
I agree that this would often be very nice to see - does anyone know
if this already exists? Or should we write one?

Thanks,

David