[vtkusers] changing the caption text while it is running, vtkCaptionWidget

circass circass at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:11:00 EST 2010

Here is my code

vtkCaptionWidget *m_capWidget = vtkCaptionWidget::New();
vtkCaptionActor2D *Dactor = vtkCaptionActor2D::New();

Dactor->SetCaption("!!!Test Warning!!!");

m_capWidget->SetCaptionActor2D(Dactor);
m_capWidget->SetSelectable(321);
m_absWidget = m_capWidget;

m_absWidget->CreateDefaultRepresentation();
m_absWidget->AddObserver(vtkCommand::StartInteractionEvent,
StartInteractionCallBack::New());
m_absWidget->AddObserver(vtkCommand::EndInteractionEvent,
EndInteractionCallBack::New());

My problem is not set the caption text. I wanted to allow users to change
the text but this is not my prior problem for now.

My proior problem is :

i cant see the arrow part of the widget when i turn it on. in saggital view
i see the arrow part but in axial and coronal views i cant. So i m asking
that how can i set the plane orientation of this caption widget ?
there must be something.
i can see the arrow part when i use volume data but i cant when i use 2D.
this is my problem ...

Thanx
Circass