[vtkusers] Visual Studio 2008 and render windows not showing up.

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 11:48:32 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:33 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got it working again after deleting the cache and rebuilding vtk. I
> am not sure what caused that. This time I went with the default
> options + Qt. I am using Visual Studio 2008 Pro.

What you are seeing is a rare problem, but it comes up for me
sometime, too.  Whenever you do a partial rebuild, especially if you
are playing with compiler options, there is a small chance that
something could go wrong with the dependencies.  This can occur with
any compiler on any platform and with pretty much any code.  It isn't
an issue that is limited to VTK.

If you ever do a partial rebuild of VTK and it starts acting wonky for
no reason, a clean rebuild is a good idea.  Most of the dashboard
builds use a clean build every night to avoid this sort of thing.
Also, any "production" builds of VTK should always be done from a
clean build directory.

   David