[vtkusers] Real-time vtk file viewer

Boris boris at dustomsails.com
Sun Feb 14 04:11:31 EST 2010

Hi

I am looking for GUI tool (like Paraview) but which has possibility to
update data if loaded file has changed. Dose anyone know does such
tool exists?

As I did not find any GUI tool jet I have started to write simple one
in python. I have some trouble regarding showing particular data
attributes. I know that file is in legacy VTK format and I need to
find what data attributes this file contains. For that I use
GetNumberOfScalarsInFile and GetScalarsNameInFile (similar methods for
vectors, tensors, ...) which are members of vtkDataSetReader which I
use for reading file. I than would like to use vtkAssaignAttribute
filter to select particular data but I do not know is that data
POINT_DATA or CELL_DATA. How can I find out that information? Is there
any other way to do find and select particular data from
vtkDataSetReader?

Thank for your answers

Boris