[vtkusers] min and max range...???

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Thu Feb 11 07:53:13 EST 2010

 hi..You mean to say, using that mapping logic, i'll get a new array. This array i need to set as a scalar for grid and scale by glyphs by scalars..??Thanks Original message From:David Doria< daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com >Date: 11 Feb 10 18:11:28Subject:Re: [vtkusers] min and max range...???To: rakeshthp at in.comOn Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote: Hello,Thanks to everyone to guide and help me. Now that I have successfully,Implemented the display of vetors(arrows). I just want to modify the displaying technique.Can anyone tell me, whether there is any method or technique to set the min and max rangeof the arrow size, based on a scalar values??For example,for a particular unstructured grid, i have a scalar array and it ranges from 0 to say 2500. THis is a min and max range. Based on the values, the length of arrow shaft should vary. i.e. where the scalar is 0, the arrow should be displayed must be of length say 5 pixel. and whereever 2500 is there, the length can be s
 ay 15 pixels. so accordingly the values have to be mapped and should be displayed.Is it possible in VTK..?? Can anyone guide me to solve this..??ThanksSo you want to map a range of values onto a different range of values. This does not do exactly what you want, but you may be able to look into the code of vtkLookupTable to get an idea of what to do. vtkLookupTable maps a range of values onto colors. http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/ColorLookupTableUnless someone can point out an existing class that maps a range of values onto a different range of values? Thanks,DavidGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!