[vtkusers] Question about TCL script

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:44:53 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:08 AM, alireza ghahari <ghahari_ar at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear David
> Hello.
>
> Attached, I have provided you with a *.tcl script developed in VTK 5.4.
>
> It is about an avatar face visualization. I used a polygonal file with
> triangle strips
>
> topology to render the 3D vertices data imported from a Matlab script. I
> also used a look up
>
> table of Point Data to specific the rgba color of each faces.
>
> Running the script, (with data file ''natural.vtk'' 's root folder changed
> to your specified PC
>
> folder in TCL file 3rd line) you will see it renders, but I want to smooth
> the faces so that the
>
> sharpness of tetrahedral triangles could be less felt. I also need some
> effects make my
>
> model as realistic as it can may be a lighting model, other mapper, etc.
>
> Would you please provide me with some code/classes up coming this issue?
>
> Your attention is greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely yours,
> VTK WWW Member
> Alireza Ghahari

Alireza,

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list so everyone can help and
benefit from the discussion.

To smooth the mesh, you'll want to use a filter like this:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/WindowedSincPolyDataFilter

I've never done anything complicated with scene lighting rendering - maybe
someone else can help with this issue?

Thanks,

David