[vtkusers] Symmetry questions

Banksie banks at wai.com
Mon Feb 8 13:16:34 EST 2010

Hello again David,

Thanks for the examples. One question though. I found that I could transform
the data using vtkTransform to vtkTransformPolyDataFilter, then push this to
a vtkMapper and finally to the vtkActor. However, if I'm applying subsequent
flips out of the symmetry, this would lead me to having up to 8 actors on
the screen to cover all aspects of a quarter symmetry model. Is this right?
It seems a little clunky.

I tried creating a series of vtkTransformPolyDataFilters and adding them to
one vtkMapper, hoping this would do the job, but that didn't seem to work.

Any thoughts?

I'm looking for the ability for the user to flip out their data based on the
symmetrical conditions of their model. I can go the multi vtkActor route,
but as mentioned before I think I may be overlooking a simpler way

Thanks
Robbie