[vtkusers] vtkQuadricLODActor and NumberOfDivisions?

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Feb 8 10:46:05 EST 2010

Bill, David,

Thanks!
Changing the frame rate reduces the number of polygons and I can see a
real difference.

I am trying to render more than 10 000 meshes made of few thousands
polygons. These meshes (objects) are all different and can not be merged
into a single one.
I have tried using vtkQuadricLODActor in my application (even with a
extremely large frame rate), but it is really slow and it is almost
impossible to rotate...

I guess I'll give a try vtkLODActor and vtkLODProp3D.

Am I going the right way? What would you recommend?

Arnaud