[vtkusers] howto: rectangular grid, circle

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:27:31 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have this data and I wonder how to represent it best in a scientific
format (e.g., some flavor of VTK). I'm not sure though which suits
best.

So, I'm having this very simple 2D rectangular grid here, let's say
equal grid spacing overall, and I intersect this with, say a circle,
such that I'm looking at *only the grid points which sit inside the
circle. -- A pixeled circle then if you want.

At each grid point, I got one scalar value, and this I'd like to visualize.

I was looking at STRUCTURED_POINTS to plot the values in the circle
and a tight bounding box around it, but here I'd have to set values
for all the points outside the circle I guess.

I'm not too familar with the XML formats, so I haven't really looked
into that yet.

Anyone got a quick idea for which representation may be best suited?

Cheers,
Nico