[vtkusers] vtkusers Digest, Vol 70, Issue 5

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:03:37 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM, nikhil singhania <niksinghania at gmail.com>wrote:

> hi all,
> I am converting a code from vtk to java where i have used the
> boxwidget function. code as such is running fine but after including
> the code for boxwidget its giving the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> vtk.vtkBoxWidget.VTKInit()J
>        at vtk.vtkBoxWidget.VTKInit(Native Method)
>        at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:96)
>        at vtk.vtkInteractorObserver.<init>(vtkInteractorObserver.java:181)
>        at vtk.vtk3DWidget.<init>(vtk3DWidget.java:120)
>        at vtk.vtkBoxWidget.<init>(vtkBoxWidget.java:304)
>        at javaapplication12.Main.main(Main.java:176)
>
> please help me out, what may be the possible error.

Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question. However, may I ask
that you don't send pages and pages to the mailing list when you only have a
short question?

Also, we are severely lacking in Java examples (there are zero!). There is a
Python section here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Example_Usage_.28Python.29

As you have time, would you mind converting some basic things (like can be
found in the Python section) to Java and putting them here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples#Example_Usage_.28Java.29

This will help us be able to handle simple linking problems like you are
experiencing now for future users much more easily.

Thanks!

David