[vtkusers] Help with vtkLODProp3D - Can't get interactive FPS

Christopher Denter dennda at the-space-station.com
Tue Feb 2 09:33:51 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to use vtkLODProp3D to maintain interactive frame rates for the SimpleRayCasting example.
I tried using the following code, but for some reason only the 3D texture mapper seems to be used. I did set the desired update rate of the window to something like 50.0, but it didn't help.
Please consider this code snippet: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/172969/

What am I doing wrong?

PS: Does VTKEdge (esp. the GPU based Raycasting part) have proper python bindings like VTK does so that I can use it in my python application?

All the best,
	Christopher