[vtkusers] The VTK Journal-New Submission

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 12:06:15 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> The OBJExporter could be refactored to use the OBJReader internally.
> Then there would be no code duplication between the Exporter and
> Reader.

I'd agree with that (I think you meant to replace all instances of 'Reader'
with 'Writer', to say "The OBJExporter can use OBJWriter internally"), but
it sounds like code duplication is not what Alexandre is worried about, it's
more of a "OBJ is not supposed to be used for this" thing. The problem is
that obj IS used for this type of thing, so I was trying to support it even
though it is not "correct".

Thanks,

David