[vtkusers] get value at x y z (interpolate)

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 18:59:53 EST 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM,  <l.vanmiegroet at ulg.ac.be> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I searched for two hours how to simply obtain the value at a point coordinates x,y,z from a polydata ?
>
> I found the evaluation for implicit function but how to do the same from a polydata ?
>
> Cheers
> Laurent.

Since a polydata explicitly defines points, it only makes sense to
query the data associated with them by index. If you want to find a
point in your polydata that is closest to a particular (x,y,z), check
out vtkPointLocator. There are some examples here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx#Data_Structures

David