[vtkusers] vtkImageData point extraction

Jafari, Kourosh kjafari at rad.hfh.edu
Sat Dec 25 20:38:16 EST 2010

Hi David,

I have similar a question. I have a 3D image volume and would like to sample it on a structured grid. Here is how I use it:

 static int dims[3]={100,100,100};
 vtkStructuredGrid *sgrid = vtkStructuredGrid::New();
 sgrid->SetDimensions(dims);

 probe->SetInput(sgrid);
 probe->SetSource(connector->GetOutput());
 probe->SpatialMatchOn();

 vtkImageData *imageP = vtkImageData::New();
 imageP->DeepCopy(probe->GetImageDataOutput());

The type of connector->GetOutput() is vtkImageData which is the volume I'd like to sample. I later display imageP. There is no compilation error but it crashes when I run it. If I exchange the inputs of SetInput and SetSource, it does not crash but it does not do anything either. What am I missing?

Thanks!!
Kourosh