[vtkusers] linking error while using itk for IOS programming

Ali Habib ali.mahmoud.habib at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 09:00:20 EST 2010

Dear All

I just finished reading your paper regarding IOS and itk , I tried to apply
it

The ITK build successfully

The compile of test project compiled well but at link stage it give 44 error
 and many warnings

*For example*

ld: warning: in /ITK_BINARY_DIR/bin/Release/libitktestlib.a, file was built
for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked
(i386)

"itk::ImageIORegion::~ImageIORegion()", referenced from:

Attached is snap shot of the error

I used the class ITKIOSIMAGE

*And added the search header paths as following :*

/ITK_SOURCE_DIR/Code/Common

/ITK_SOURCE_DIR/Utilities/vxl/vcl

/ITK_SOURCE_DIR/Utilities/vxl/core

/ITK_SOURCE_DIR/Code/IO

/ITK_SOURCE_DIR/Code/BasicFilters

/ITK_SOURCE_DIR/

/ITK_BINARY_DIR

/ITK_BINARY_DIR/Utilities/vxl/vcl

/ITK_BINARY_DIR/Utilities/vxl/core

/ITK_BINARY_DIR/Utilities

I don’t know why  any suggestion please or am I missing something I use the
latest xcode and sdk 4.2

Best regards

Eng. Ali Habib

Biomedical engineer and researcher