[vtkusers] Using OpenGL Textures with VTK

David McKinnon mckinnondavid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 07:19:15 EST 2010

Hi,
  I have a project where I have a managed collection of OpenGL textures.
The textures all have unique identifiers (GLuint) and their various
characteristics (GL_RGBA, width, height, etc) are stored in a set of
classes.

Is there some way that I can wrap these texture objects that are already
stored on the GPU within one of the vtk classes such as vtkTexture or
vtkTextureObject so that I might be able to display them in a
vtkRenderWindow?

If this is not possible is there some other example of binding OpenGL
textures to a context so that they can be rendered within a window?

Best Regards,
David...