[vtkusers] Problem with InterpolateScalarsBeforeMappingOn() & 1-D cells

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Dec 16 12:18:01 EST 2010

Hi all,

Colour mapping a line of 1D cells using float point scalars and InterpolateScalarsBeforeMappingOn(), shows colours which are much darker than expected. The line width is exaggerated to illustrate the effect and a scalar bar actor shows the expected colour range.

There are no problems with InterpolateScalarsBeforeMappingOff().

Interestingly, if the actor colour is set to white(it is green above), the colours are correct. If the actor colour is set to black, all the cells are black. I have not noticed any similar problems with 2D cells.  I am using VTK 5.4.2 & VS2008 build.

Any help in resolving this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

John.