[vtkusers] vtkImageStencilData question

Maarten Beek beekmaarten at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 14:08:11 EST 2010

Hi group,

I seem to be able to use stencils to mask images and get i.e., some     stats
data using the vtkImageAccumulate filter.
However since the region of the image mask is very small I would     like to use
a small stencil to get those stats (thus improving     efficiency).

Therefore I am using theSetOutputWholeExtent()       function in the
vtkPolyDataToImageStencil to give the stencil a sub-extent (say: 250 260 150 160
10 15) and     apply it on an image with a full extent (say: 0 511 0 511 0 50)
in     i.e. vtkImageAccumulate. However I get an error regarding one extent
being outside another extent.

Is it possible to apply a stencil with a sub-extent to a full image     and if
so I would I do this? Do I have to (temporarily) set the     update extent of
the image to the sub-extent of the stencil?

Thanks - Maarten