[vtkusers] vtkGDCMImageReader

Rao Ruvva KRuvva at robodoc.com
Mon Dec 13 22:02:52 EST 2010

Mark,

I have got VTK 5.6 and GDCM 2.0.16 and compiled successfully. I checked the USE_VTK option while compiling GDCM. All the examples were built without any issues. When I execute gdcmvolume (from Utilities/VTK/Examples/Cxx which uses the vtkGDCMImageReader) , I get the following error:

ERROR: In ~/VTK/Filtering/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 803
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x91634d8): Input for connection index 0 on input port index 0 for algorithm vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper(0xb5b28008) is NULL, but a vtkImageData is required.

Looks like problem in VTK.

I used "gdcmData/GE_DLX-8-MONO2-Multiframe-Jpeg_Lossless.dcm" as input.
I get the same error with my DICOM data set.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Rao