[vtkusers] Link error when building VTK with boost support in Visual Studio 2010

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Fri Dec 10 10:37:47 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to build VTK with boost support in Visual Studio 2010. I generated VTK solution/projects successfully using CMake, but when I build VTK solution in VS 2010, I got the following link error:

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_serialization-vc100-mt-gd-1_44.lib'

I installed boost C++ library (version 1.44) using installer<http://www.boostpro.com/products/free> provided by BoostPro Computing<http://www.boostpro.com>. I selected all multi-threaded build variants when installing boost.

I cannot find any useful suggestions by googling to solve this link error and hope to get some advice from the list.

Thanks,

Hong