[vtkusers] vtkChartXY picking

nclemeur nclemeur at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 07:38:39 EST 2010

Hello,

I am quite novice with vtk and I would like some advice on how to implement
picking in a vtkChartXY.

For example I would like to select a plot when clicking on it and then
hightlight it in a similar way as it is done when selecting a rectangular
window. This would provides me with a way to popup a menu  (I am using
wxWidgets) when the user then right click on the curve to customise the
curve color,...

Ideally I would like to do something similar with the axes so that I can
popup  a menu to change the ranges, and so on...

For the time being I am looking at the vtk side of it. I'll investigate the
integration with wxWidgets later on.

I have already tried a few things like implementing my own InteractorStyle
(based on vtkInteractorStyleRubberBand2D), attached SelectionChanged
observers on the plots... Without a lot of success.

Any hints on that would be great.

Cheers

Nicolas