[vtkusers] DICOM reader

Rao Ruvva KRuvva at robodoc.com
Wed Dec 8 02:21:35 EST 2010

What is the best way to read DICOM CT data that has non-uniform slice spacing along Z. Need to preserve the z spacing while storing and viewing. I have CT scan data for femoral bone where proximal femur (femoral head) and distal femur (near knee joint) were scanned and the shaft was ignored to avoid radiation exposure.  vtkDICOMImageReader does not maintain the slice z locations. I want preserve the slices z locations when I render them. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rao