[vtkusers] Positioning titles within vtkAxis

Frese Daniel Dr. frese at heidenhain.de
Tue Dec 7 03:35:56 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have a problem positioning an axis title relative to its vtkAxis object.
Basically, if I draw a horizontal  X-axis, the assigned title is written such that it overlapps with the
tick labels. Reading through the docs, I got the impression that I should be able to introduce a
vertical offset between the drawn axis and the titel by using either a call to
Xaxis->GetTitleProperties()->SetLineOffset(offset_in_pixel)
or by
Xaxis->GetTitleProperties()->SetLineSpacing(scale_factor).
But neither call seems to have any effect.
Moving from 5.6.1 to the latest vtk git source tree I noticed that the chart stuff seems to have
improved greatly (most functions a joy to use !), but it still seems to be a work in progress.
So am doing something stupid and do I miss something here or is this feature just not
implemented yet ?

Daniel