[vtkusers] VTK; Qt and Java on Windows

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Mon Dec 6 09:47:28 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Dr. Helmut Schumacher <
hel.schumacher at fz-juelich.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have big problems running VTK on Windows with Qt AND Java.
>
> If I compile VTK with MinGW, I cannot use the Java wrapping.
> Cmake cannot configure VTK for Visual Studio with Qt.
> The message says, the problem is that the (precompiled) Qt was compiled
> with
> MinGW.
>
> Any ideas?

I cannot speak to the issue of compiling Java wrapping with MinGW. To use Qt
with Visual Studio, you'll need to either download the Visual Studio 2008
binaries if you have that version of VS, otherwise you need to compile Qt
from source from the VS command prompt.

Jeff