[vtkusers] bug 0009618 and UTF 8 text rendering fix question

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sun Dec 5 16:13:38 EST 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 10:22 AM, pof <jd379252 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually,
> bug 0009618 has still an open status in Mantis, it should be closed now, but
> I do not know who can do this!
> Sorry if this question sounds a bit stupid, but how can I check if these
> fixes are on master?

I merged the changes into master for accented characters, I was not
aware of this bug report at the time. I have assigned the bug to
myself and marked it as resolved. I then realized that the drop shadow
patch has not been merged, and so reopened the bug. I will try to make
some time to check out the patch and get it merged if it looks good on
all platforms.

I am not as familiar with the drop shadow code, but am the one who has
spent the most time working with FreeType classes in VTK recently. I
would like to get this into the 5.8 release if it looks OK, and can
confirm the accented characters patch is already in and will be in the
next release.

Marcus