[vtkusers] How can I save vtkOBJReader output?

akbarjan bayiz abayiz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 07:03:48 EST 2010

Thank you very much!

--- On Thu, 12/2/10, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

From: David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] How can I save vtkOBJReader output?
To: "akbarjan bayiz" <abayiz at yahoo.com>, vtkusers at vtk.org
Date: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 11:41 AM

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM, akbarjan bayiz <abayiz at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello, David!

Thank you for your answers and suggestions.

What I am trying to do is, to open and render an existing obj file, save its polydata, then open and change those saved polydata and render them. So, it is expected to see the corresponding changes of the newly rendered object. Do you have any other suggestions to do this?

Thank you again!

Please keep the discusson on the list so everyone can help and benefit.

You can open the obj using vtkOBJReader, you can write it to a vtp file using vtkXMLPolyDataWriter, you can read that new file with vtkXMLPolyDataReader.

 So which part are you missing?
David