[vtkusers] vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter() howto?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:41:49 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Favre Jean <jfavre at cscs.ch> wrote:

> I fixed the extent, but still only Test.pvti and Test_0.vti are generated:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/IO/XMLPImageDataWriter

> You need to insert a streamer into your pipeline.

Ok, getting much closer...

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/IO/XMLPImageDataWriter

The key bit of code seems to be this:

 writer->SetEndPiece(numberOfPieces-1);
 writer->SetStartPiece(0);

1) Without the streamer and with the SetEnd/StartPiece, it writes the
5 files (Test.pvti, Test_0.vti, Test_1.vti, Test_2.vti, Test_3.vti)
that I would expect.

2) With the streamer and WITHOUT the SetEnd/StartPiece, it only writes
the 2 files.

3) Setting SetNumberOfStreamDivisions(4) on the streamer or not
calling SetNumberOfStreamDivisions at all did not seem to make a
difference.

Thoughts on these things?

David