[vtkusers] vtk render window in a Qt4 Application + QThreads

Bill Chivas billno123 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 06:15:43 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

i have a Qt4 application and i use vtk to display a vtkpolydata.
I start a new QThread in order to do some heavy computations and within the thread i call a method of mainWindow which updates the data and the vtk window.
Of course it doesn't work because i access with no synchronization shared data. I think i should use mutexes but unfortunately iam not familiar.
Can anyone help me in order to fix this problem?