[vtkusers] vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter() howto?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 23:04:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Sebastien Jourdain <
sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:

> I think you just need a vtkUnstructuredGrid and set it to the input of
> the writer. Specify the number of pieces you want and call Update() on
> the writer.
>
> Seb

There was a question about SetNumberOfPieces the other day that never got
resolved - Sebastien, could you take a look:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/IO/XMLPImageDataWriter

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Broken/IO/XMLPImageDataWriter>Nico,
once we get this issue resolved I'll make the same type of example for
vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridWriter.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but these P*Writer's don't write in
parallel, they simple write data as multiple files (pieces) that can later
be used for parallel processing.

David