[vtkusers] Type Initialization Exception

Bertrand de Boisdeffre bertrand.boisdeffre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 04:31:34 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am going to crazy. Yesterday, my windowsForm using a RenderWindowControl
worked perfectly. This morning, when i tried to instanciate my
renderWindowControl an initialization exception was thrown.

Here was my code :

System.WindowsFormHost vtkControlHost;

private void vtkControlHost_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {

            // Create the renderWindowControl
            this.renderWindowControl = new RenderWindowControl();
            this.renderWindowControl.Size = new
System.Drawing.Size((int)vtkControlHost.Width, (int)vtkControlHost.Height);

            // renderWindowControl Event
            this.renderWindowControl.Load +=new
EventHandler(this.ShowDefaultScene);
            vtkControlHost.Child = this.renderWindowControl;
        }

public void ShowDefaultScene(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

            this.renderWindow = renderWindowControl.RenderWindow;
            this.renderer =
renderWindowControl.RenderWindow.GetRenderers().GetFirstRenderer();

         }
Before, when renderWindowControl became the vtkControlHost Child, the method
showDefaultScene() was called. Not today, So i changed this line by

this.renderWindowControl.ParentChanged +=new
EventHandler(this.ShowDefaultScene);

Then, the method was called, but in ShowDefaultScene(), i create some actors
( vtkPolyData, vtkPolyDataMapper, vtkActor) and when i instanciate the first
vtk object (vtkPolyData) an initialization exception is thrown again.
I don't understand, I did'nt modify anything, except others files in my
global project. However, they don't have some Kitware dll as reference,
so...

Best regards.

--
Bertrand de Boisdeffre