[vtkusers] Can I do volume reconstruction with the help of VTK?

马鸣飞 princemmf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 22:02:24 EDT 2010

Hi,

     I am doing research in 3D ultrasound imaging. I am wondering if I can
do volume reconstruction with the help of vtk. The basic idea is to
reconstruct the 3D volume with a series of 2D ultrasound images scanned by
the US probe. The 2D images are "almost" parallel but not exactly since the
probe is not  moving in a straight line. Also the spacial information of the
2D images, e.g. position and orientation, are collected by the position
sensor.
     Are there any vtk implementations focusing on this? Any example to
follow?

     Thanks for attention!

Prince Ma,
Harbin Institute of Technology.