[vtkusers] missing install file - tiffconf.h

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Aug 24 17:36:09 EDT 2010

I'm statically building svn latest gdcm against installed build of git
latest
vtk on Win32 Vista, CMake 2.8.2
with option GDCM_USE_VTK:BOOL=ON, running into:

Scanning dependencies of target gdcm2vtk
[ 94%] Building CXX object
Utilities/VTK/Applications/CMakeFiles/gdcm2vtk.dir/gd
cm2vtk.cxx.obj
gdcm2vtk.cxx
d:\developer\releases\vs\static\install\include\vtk-5.7\vtktiff\tiff.h(31) :
fat
al error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'tiffconf.h': No such file or
director
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MID05A~1\VC\bin\cl.exe' : return
code '0
x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\n
make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

in vtk/Utilities/vtktiff/CMakeLists.txt there is no install rule for this
header:
IF(NOT VTK_INSTALL_NO_DEVELOPMENT)
INSTALL(FILES
${VTKTIFF_BINARY_DIR}/tiffDllConfig.h
${VTKTIFF_SOURCE_DIR}/tiffvers.h
${VTKTIFF_SOURCE_DIR}/vtk_tiff_mangle.h
${VTKTIFF_SOURCE_DIR}/tiff.h
${VTKTIFF_SOURCE_DIR}/tiffio.h
${VTKTIFF_SOURCE_DIR}/tconf.h
DESTINATION ${VTK_INSTALL_INCLUDE_DIR_CM24}/vtktiff
COMPONENT Development)
ENDIF(NOT VTK_INSTALL_NO_DEVELOPMENT)

vtk_tiff.h is included in gdcm2vtk.cxx which has the following include
chain:
vtk_tiff.h -tiffio.h -tiff.h -tiffconf.h

I didnt notice this before because I usually do nmake -i or I have built
directly against
a build tree of vtk. So, should vtk/Utilities/vtktiff/CMakeLists.txt be
modified to
install tiffconf.h ? Currently, when i just copy it into my install
include path for vtk-5.7 it works.

Dean